Have you been the victim of stolen lead flashing etc? If so this can be very annoying not to meeting a hassle to sort out and a waste of you’d time. If you consider that this is potentially likely to happen in future and perhaps your property is vulnerable or in a sacluded spot making this a worry, why content consider the following none precious metal alternative with all the same weather proofing benefits, minus the scrap value meaning your roof just became no longer attractive to any would be thiefs and your can relax knowing your roof will I remain intact to do the job it’s intended for many years to come.
Read on for more information and for a quotation of this of any of your roofing requirements not to mention free friendly advice on sollutions to any of your roofing needs please call us at Leeds Roofing Company Ltd today. We are Fair Trades and Trust Mark Approved contractors offering insurance blacked guarantees for total peace of mind.
Ubiflex is a non-lead waterproof flashing material which can be used in all applications where lead is traditionally used to provide a weatherproof seam on buildings and roofs in particular. Ubiflex can also be used to form damp proof courses and cavities in masonry walls.
Ubiflex is now available in two types:
- Ubiflex B2
- Ubiflex B3
|Ubiflex B2||Ubiflex B3|
|DPC & Cavity tray in masonry wals||•|
- 80% lighter than lead – giving handling, structural and health and safety advantages.
- Up to 50% quicker to install than lead, is fully malleable, can be worked in both directions and is self-sealing if punctured.
- Not susceptible to thermal movement. Aprons up to 12m long can be formed without seams or expansion joints – 8 times longer than traditional lead sheet. Consequently, there is less wastage with Ubiflex.
- compatible with all common building materialsand components, such as thermal panels, extract flues, ventilators, rooflights and flat roofing membranes including PVC single ply.
- a though, flexible, impermeable membrane which is also ideal for use as a DPC or cavity tray. It has excellent resistance to sliding under lateral loading can withstand usual building settlement.
- stable and does not cause any sightly staining.
- worked the same way as lead flashing but without the need for protective measures. It can be cut with a sharp knife or snips.
- only of value to the installer, it has no re-sale value as scrap
- environmentally friendly, non-toxic and recyclable.
- wind tunnel testing at BRE demonstrated that Ubiflex will resist wind speeds of 110mph.
- covered by a BBA Certificate for general use. It is also accepted by the NHBC and Zurich insurance.
Ubiflex Technical Description
|Roll widths and weights||Ubiflex B2||Ubiflex B3|
|150mm x 12m||4.0kg||7.2kg|
|200m x 12m||5.3kg||9.6kg|
|250mm x 12m||6.6kg||12.0kg|
|300mm x 12m||8.0kg||14.4kg|
|400mm x 12m||10.6kg||19.2kg|
|450mm x 12m||–||21.6kg|
|500mm x 6m||–||12.0kg|
|600mm x 6m||14.4kg|