Glass reinforced plastic fiberglass roofing, or GRP roofing for short, is one of the best flat roofing materials money can buy. A properly laid fiberglass roof will last for more than 30 years with no visual deterioration, which makes it the perfect choice for outbuildings and areas of the home that require a roof that will stand up to the elements for years.
Benefits of GRP flat fiberglass roofs
- Fiberglass roofs are very strong and durable. This makes them a perfect roofing material for theft prevention;
- Additionally, fiberglass roofing has little intrinsic value if removed. As such, thieves are less likely to target your building;
- Fiberglass roofs will last for more than 30 years and they are very easy to clean and maintain;
- Fiberglass roofing is waterproof when laid properly and will ward off wet and windy weather that would cause a felt or bitumen roof to fail;
- Fiberglass roofing is easy to repair, extend and replace;
- Fiberglass roofing is waterproof and resists wear and tear;
- Fiberglass roofing is quick and easy to lay because it weighs very little;
- Fiberglass roofing is now available in a variety of colours and surface textures – so it can be a statement for your home.
Downsides to GRP flat fiberglass roofs
There are no real downsides to fiberglass roofs. They used to be boring to look at but that is no longer the case. Some roofers recommend a stronger roofing material such as carbon fibre for some installations, but pound for pound fiberglass is better.
How much does a GRP flat fiberglass roof cost?
Those looking into a new roof should always seek various quotes to get a true idea of how much a fiberglass roof should cost. Furthermore, any roofers you look at should have public liability insurance and be able to provide a Certificate of Compliance if appropriate.
The cost of a fibreglass roof depends on the size of the installation and also the complexity of the job. You should not have to pay anything for a consultation and quote – we do not charge anything for these. Having installed hundreds of GRP roofs, we recommend that you budget £1,200 – £1,500 for a 5×4 metre installation. This may sound like a lot, but the long-term cost of fiberglass roofing is very low compared to felt or bitumen.
How do I choose an installer?
As mentioned above, any roofers you look at should have public liability insurance and be able to provide a Certificate of Compliance if appropriate. Additionally, you should only work with roofers who hold the Trust Mark.
At Leeds Roofing Company, we have extensive experience designing and installing GRP flat roofing. We recommend this type of flat roofing for a wide range of properties and you can always expect a fantastic level of service from us. To find out more, call us on 0800 037 5669 or from your mobile on 07947 272 606 or fill in our online enquiry form to get started.