Advantages of EPDM Rubber Roofing
The main advantages of EPDM Rubber roofing compared to other flat roofing materials.
Firestone Rubber Cover
- EPDM has a life expectancy of 50 years plus.
- Felt or bitumen roofing will not withstand harsh winter frosts as well and has a relatively shorter life expectancy.
- Fibreglass roofing requires more stable weather conditions to apply limiting use to certain times of the year.
UV AND HEAT RESISTANCE
- EPDM is totally resistant to heating, cooling and harmful UV rays.
- Fibreglass breaks down, becomes brittle and cracks.
- Felt or bitumen roofing is susceptible to sun, frost and UV rays.
- EPDM is seamless,will not crack or blister and is easily cleaned.
- Fibreglass roofing attracts moss and looks plastic.
- Felt roofing can deteriorate sooner and can crack ,blister and soon become tatty and unsightly.
Leeds Roofing Company are happy to assist and advise on this or any of your flat roofing requirements. Call today as we will be more than happy to help.